Saturday 28 July 2012

Game 3


Sunday night was game 3 - vs Argentina, and Liz dropped me off very close to the Cake Tin. It's known as this by the locals because that's what it looks like - though it'd have to be massive oven ;-)


While I was walking up the ramp I joined load of Scotland supporters marching along with a man playing the pipes. There'd been a bit of a hoohaa about the pipes in the press, & they were not allowed in the stadia for any Scotland game (& presumably any others?)

Anyway, his name was Wayne Barrie, and when he was told by the guys in the yellow he couldn't use them, a whole load of booing started. I guess you either love the pipes or hate them, and there's no surprise where I stand on that one ;-P


















The next few are the team warming up, as per Invercargill.








But as the Cake Tin was massive, they're not as close. But I did catch Chris better.

























 






Then the Maori came on & welcomed the teams.
He may have been a tad chilly as it was raining a bit?

And there's what it's all about:
the Ellis Cup. Or at least a replica of it?
The next is Scotland running on.
And the anthem line up.

I also managed to get three pics of the guys singing away on the telly screen :-)
Not sure, but I think Chris was next to Richie? Don't he look little ;-)







IThe next few are during the game. A lot of the Pumas' fans were wearing big foam heads. Glad I wasn't behind one of them :-o
It was an awesome atmosphere. Shame they didn't have a full stadium.
The result is history and the last pic says it all for Scotland :-((
At least they had 3 wins out of 3 during the 2012 summer tour :-)) Including the Wallabies :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment