Sunday 13 December 2009

Carrots, mushrooms & unidentified excrement!

A reference to 'A Shortcut To Mushrooms" there, & what an amazing afternoon.

Ted took 7 of us up to Mt Victoria & showed us several locations, including the above, the Hobbits hiding from the Nazgul, Frodo's POV on Weathertop - when the Nazgul were approaching from below, a bit from Dunharrow, & Frodo's pipe smoking tree, while Sam cooked sausages. Some of us acted as Hobbits, & 3 generous souls were the Nazgul on his horse - don't ask! I'll explain once I get the photos up. It was well good, because Ted had a laptop with the relevant clips on, so we could see we were exactly at the right location.
I'd NEVER have found them wandering about on my own. It took me ages yesterday to find Isengard & Rivendell. Another serendipitous choice, & all thanks to Kathryn at the I-site for suggesting the tour.

After all the wood scenes, we went off to Miramar & saw the Stone St Studios, & then spent about an hour in the Weta Cave - I got pics of me with Lurtz, one of Gollum + fish, plus some amazing models. I also got another cool pressie which looks like it should be quite heavy, but isn't. Cryptic or what?

Then we went past a few more sites while Ted showed us more relevant film footage & an hilarious easter egg from the extended DVD. As I'd never managed to find any, it was an even better bonus when he told me where they were.

I guess that means I'll be spending time when I get home looking for them?

Ted dropped me off downtown & I ended up in a sushi bar. I had big-eye tuna from Fiji, freshwater salmon from Mt Cook, Kingfish, & an amazingly tasty fish called Trevally. It completely held its own with the wasabi - don'tya just lerve wasabi? The chap, Jeremy (Wilson, Itamae!) did his training in Tokyo & we had a nice chat.

Need to go check my E's now, as there's only 6.5 mins left of my 2 dollars.
OAO

No comments:

Post a Comment