Saturday 19 December 2009

Photos - at last!

Wandered around Nelson today. Went to the market, ate some whitebait again, & hugged some trees (not really ;-) : I just went looking at some.
Then it started to rain, so I came in here to rename the photos, & to find I need to run the vids through the Panasonic software - bugger! So you'll have to wait for those. The explanations are below
.










































No 1 is above Ohakune on the road up Ruapehu. It was where Andy Serkis wore the motion-capture suit & splashed about to catch a fish. I remember being amazed when I saw it for the first time at the Pictures, & wondering how on earth they did it!

No 2
is taken from where they erected the fake oak on top of Bag End, & looking down towards the Party Tree. There's a poster of Gandalf & Bilbo having a smoke & looking out at the preparations for Bilbo's eleventy-first

No 3
shows No 3 Bagshot Row with Bag End above. The Oak above Bilbo's door was fake - I've got photos of what's left.

4
is Ian Anderson, me & Ben (the Orc). Gandalf the Bus is in the background. Hobbiton was created on the Anderson's farm.

5
is the view out of my room window at On The Beach Backpackers, in Whitianga. Not a bad view to wake up to, eh?

No 6
is the first pic I took in NZ on Tues Dec 8th @ 1300

7 was actually the 1st photo I uploaded, but Blogger doesn't seem to care where it dumps them on the page. It was taken when I was trying the FZ35 out indoors at my last bagwork class before I left. All the hard won fitness will all have disappeared by the time I go again.

Given uploading takes >2 min a photo, & I've no idea where Blogger will put them, I'm going to group them together under a date, or a location, so it's not such a muddle.
That way you'll have a better idea IRO the location photos & the various touristy ones.

I'll have to do this over the next few days, as I've already been in this Internet Cafe for nearly 2 hours & I can't do it at Paradiso, as I explained the other day.

Off to the supermarket now. Plan to eat as many green-lipped mussels as I can, & to try & eat another variety of NZ fish.
OAO

No comments:

Post a Comment