Monday 21 December 2009

Sunday: Nelson to Christchurch, & Monday: Christchurch

OK
Mega tea on Sat: Hoki & a load of green-lipped mussels with the remainder of the Picton Riesling. Yum.

Up early & walked to the 'Naked Bus' stop in Nelson.
Picked up by a lady-driver & on the way to Blenheim, she explained why the hills around there are so brown. They're known as the Withered Hills - sounds Tolkeinesque, but knowing didn't improve my opinion of Blenheim, really. The only good thing, was that during my wait for the connecting bus here, was that I bought some real Marlborough Sauv. Blanc, some pink Pinot Noir, and, a 1/2 bottle of botrytis Sauv.Blanc. I didn't know you could get dessert SB. I'm saving it for Xmas day & Andy's deformed chocolate.

The driver down to Christchurch was a very laconic Kiwi called Les. It made for an entertaining journey, even if some of his rude jokes were a bit naff. He pointed out the seals on the rocks - they were much darker than the ones round our shores.
Incidentally - I remember the 1st comment Paul (Picton - Nelson) made. He said " I apologise for the delay, but someone made a whoopsey with the paperwork" It reminded me of Frank Spencer - I had to laugh.

By the time we arrived here it was persisting. Fortunately Les let me stay on the bus & he dropped me off at the door.
After checking in, it was gone 7, so I headed off to a bar Les had told me did good grub. I was pretty wet by the time I got there!
A big plateful later, it was off back, & an early night. I was knackered after sitting on a bus all day!

There should have been someone else in the room, but she never made it back until about 8.30 this morning. She seemed to be moving out, but she left quite a lot of stuff on her bed. Weird?

It was a bit Wellingtonny earlier - ie windy. But it's cleared up now. After getting Jonny a totally awesome & mega pressie, I spent the rest of the day wandering about & writing postcards ILO Xmas cards. Eventually, I fell asleep in the sun with no sun cream on: Oops!

This may be the last for a few days, as I'm travelling to my Edoras ride tomorrow & headed for Queenstown by Xmas Eve. If I don't get on before Xmas Day -
Merry Xmas to 1 & all - Ho Ho Ho

So for now
OAO

No comments:

Post a Comment