Tuesday 8 December 2009

Well I'm here

Wow. What a country.
It's like Europe but more fantastical.
The trees are different, yet the overall impression is English farmland, Welsh sheep farms or Scottish hillsides.
The birds look like starlings 'til they take off & there's a flash of white on wings & tailfeathers - they're so cute.
Plus the sun, of course.
I ended up taking the scenic route to Whitianga (with frequent stops for photos), & me being me, I went for a swim on my way along the Coromandel peninsula. Tomorrow I'll upload the 'Hey folks, here's me having a swim' vid. The view was great, shame about the cast. I mean, yours truly, Hopalong Clarke & dodgy camera angles. I guess it's a case of 'could do better'.
The accom is right on the beach - just like it says on the tin, & I'm hoping T & J will turn up sometime for tea.
Off to take some more photos in a bit: sunset over the Tasman etc.
It's great here. Scotland's got a rival!
HLV & OAO

No comments:

Post a Comment