Monday 12 September 2011

Bloody Technology, An Early Flight & Wanaka










































































You prob remember my attempt to blog last Monday? I eventually uploaded the pics, but the full tale will remain unblogged.

I did take a pic of the view from Liz's deck, & 2 of the lovely, cuddly Elliot :-))

Re Monday, after being as unsuccessful as me, Liz helped me save some script to Gmail & then we went out for a Thai.As well as good food, I had an unusually sweet, but great Gewurtz.


Then it was Zebedee time, as my flight was at 0645.
Liz dropped me off at the airport & waved me off, & I was in Christchurch in no time. The leg to Queenstown was delayed due to fog, but by shortly after 9 we were up above the cloud. My ruckie was off one of the1st, & I was at Thrifty ahead of schedule. When I got to the car, it was a monster jobbie, so I went back in and asked for a weeny one! They were at tad surprised to say the least! We've given you a complimentary upgrade, they said. But I don't want it, I said. Well you'll have to wait an hour, they said. That's OK, I said. I'll go for a brew. That turned into brew & bacon butty, & a partial sunbathe with Coronet Peak to look at. I eventually got the car at 1/2 eleven, & headed for the road to Wanaka (one akka, with the 1 said like you're posh!). The road over the Crown Range was great, & within an hour I stopped for a photo of my 1st view of the lake as I came over the hill into Wanaka.
I checked in to the Purple Cow, & as I'd decided not to ski Cardrona (I'd passed it on my way along Crown Rage Rd), I made some butties & headed to the lake for a sunbathe.
The pics are of me by the lake taken by a lady walking her dog. Unfortunately, I've lost the paper I wrote their names on, but her Mum is from Liverpool. We had a lovely chat, & she told me how to say Wanaka like a Kiwi!

Of Course, I also had a paddle - me & water & all that.


I was still full after a copious quantity of butties, so I gave tea a miss, & went to a bar instead. Given I planned to ski Treble Cone the next day, & I'd been up since the crack of, I was in bed by 1/2 nine.

It's currently Mon 12th & there are others waiting to get on, so apologies for any typos & more eventually
OAO

No comments:

Post a Comment