Tuesday 20 September 2011

Stewart Island 3 - Tuesday. Plus oysters

I woke to a lovely sunny day, packed, mueslied, & headed out in the opposite direction to the day before.

Somewhere on route I dropped a mitt :-(

This one's called Bathing Beach, & it does what it says on the tin, but I'd packed the wet bikini & refrained this time. Maybe another day?

Then I walked up to the cemetary as it would give me good views & noticed everyone had been buried facing the sea. When I asked about this later, no-one seemed to know why?


I took these 2 for the writing on the headstones: very emotional & I cried a bit about the little boy.


I'd walked along this next beach on the way up to the cemetary. The sand was very sinky & I left massive footprints behind!















The next 2 are from after I'd picked up the bag from Bunkers & was leaving on the ferry.
No dolphins this time, but spent most of the trip talking to a chap from Scotland who'd spent his time on the island tramping (as they say in NZ)

We arranged to meet for tea, in Invercargill, but it didn't transpire. Maybe I was late down from my ablutions?

After hanging around for him for a bit at Tuatara, I went to eat fings wot swim & had Bluff oysters & a fish pie, which featured salmon, shellfish & various whitefish (BTW - do oysters swim??). Of course I had a bit of vino & chose gewurtz & an SB. I was considering pudding, but after the oysters (6/10) & the fish pie (7/10) I was too full & decided to save some dosh.

As I was off on a plane 1st thing the morning after the game I organised the packing ready for a 6am start, & so I wouldn't need to miss out on 'stuff' tomorrow. Then I sorted out my kilt etc. & went to bed. I was on top again :-(
At some point in the night, the girl in the next bunk started yelling & fell out of bed! I thought she'd had an epi, but it turned out she was just pissed!
Nothing further exciting happened that day.
OAO

No comments:

Post a Comment