Saturday 16 January 2010

Tourist type pics from NZ - better late than never!


This was the 1st pic in NZ, taken from the car on the road to Thames, Coromandel


I stopped here for a brew - a Pukeko is a bird ( in case you hadn't guessed ;-P )


This is the view from just across the road from 'On The Beach Backpackers' on Dec 8th 2009


This is from the same spot, looking the other way


This should have come before the last 2. Those peaks are on Coromandel


'On The Beach Backpackers' Dec 8th 2009


This is Dec 9th on the way to Matamata. It's a place called Hot Spring Beach, &, surprise, surprise, they're making a spa pool in the sand. It was taken at full zoom - I was about 1/2 a mile up the beach & didn't have time to go & try it for myself.


This is the view out of the kitchen window at OTBB. can't remember if I took it on the 8th pm or 9th am - oops


Whitianga (pronounced Fittyanga - wh is F in Maori) 8am Dec 9th


The view from my bedroom window @ 6pm Dec 8th 2009


A monkey puzzle tree across the road from OTBB, which is the building behind the lamppost. Taken from the beach


Taken from nearly the end of the Coromandel Peninsula @ 4pm Dec 8th 2009


This one is out of order from the rest, but I uploaded it by mistake. It was taken whilst I was waiting for the Ruapehu/Mordor mist to clear - there is a spider in there somewhere, but it was a bit shy! I thought a spider was quite apt, given Shelob lived on the Mordor fringes


Part of the Matamata/Hobbiton tour, which I've already posted pics for.
This is me feeding a lamb - ahh


The "spa pool" at Spa Lodge Rotorua? ! ? ! ? ! ? ! ? !


Spa Lodge, Rotorua entrance - it went back a looong way
It was run by some Japanese peeps. I lent them my Mugenkyo CD while I went to Matamata with Ben (the orc)


Still not got the hang of uploading in the correct order - this was just before the lamb-feeding bit & he's 1/2 way through shearing her


Shearing finished, Mate

Every last drop!

That's all for now folks, but am going to do another one with touristy NZ pics in a bit & then the stuff that's happened here since last Tues.
HLV
OAO

No comments:

Post a Comment